Question by daryl.bailey: Is there a Mac software out there that fixes corrupted PSD/Photoshop CS4 files?
I was working on a design and I save periodically. Well my computer froze. So I rebooted. Unfortunately CS4 was open and so was my file. Once my computer turned back on and I tried to open my psd file, it said “could not complete because an unexpected end of file was encountered.
Answer by Gerome W
not that I am aware of, you should try generational saving, I know too late for that now. But I always use generational saving, for this reason. IE v.001, v.002, you get the idea. There maybe a file that is the temp file for the actual file. I work in windows, but use indesign a lot, daily. I have yet to have an epic fail like this one, but I know that the windows version uses temp files, I have had to delete them in mass for hogging up my resources.
I always start the day with a fresh numerical save of my projects. Little lessons we learn along the way.
1 Comment to “Is there a Mac software out there that fixes corrupted PSD/Photoshop CS4 files?”
ABOUT THIS SECTION
- Photoshop 6
- Photoshop 7
- Photoshop CS
- Photoshop CS2
- Photoshop CS3
- Photoshop CS4
- Photoshop CS5
- Why can’t I see the photo in Photoshop CS4, unless I drag it?
- How do I edit someone out a picture using Photoshop CS4?
- How do I cut/slice an image in fireworks CS4?
- Help!!!!! Dreamweaver CS4 newbie!!! How do I start a webpage?
- Q&A: How do I cross two lines but not solidly,the waterpaint effect, in Photoshop CS4?
- Terry G on How do I edit someone out a picture using Photoshop CS4?
- Vince M on Q&A: How do I cross two lines but not solidly,the waterpaint effect, in Photoshop CS4?
- ♣ALT on Q&A: how to change color in photos that are already black and white in Photoshop cs4?
- artguy29 on How do I reformat my computer to extend trial time for flash cs4 on my mac?
- Ron on How do I add a scroll box to a website in Dreamweaver CS4 Mac edition?