Question by : How’d they do this? Creating Hair using Gimp/photoshop brushes?
Ok, Im good…but apparently not good enough to do such an excellent job with hair as found in this photo. http://www.nasonart.com/retouch/retouch3-4/A3M2968.html
I have some gimp brushes loaded on my program with hair but none are like this curly mass that can be found in the photo. What intrigues me is the hair does not seem to be just added…it looks mostly the original hair but its cleaned up so well…looks like it might have taken half a day to accomplish. I dont have that type of time so I was hoping someone can direct me over to a link or a brush tech or something that might explain how they got this hair so perfect…curly hair is hard! Also, i have accidentally created a brush or two in gmip without trying..cant duplicate that method just yet…but I was thinking if i created a brush using the actual hair of the person…maybe i can duplicate it just a little.
I use Gimp 2.0+ but I know this was done in photoshop more then likely. Im sure what ever your thoughts are..i can duplicate it in gimp. Any help would be appreciate. Easy points! Thank you in advance.
BTW..i dont need the basics told to me. I know how to use the brushes pretty well, heal and clone tools are my friends. I just want to focus on creating that super polished look found in the photo. No newbie stuff….just advanced edit work like what you see in the link. Thanks!
REMEMBER>>NOT A NEWBIE….lol youtube does not give you such details. I know how to do all that already. Im pretty good…just not good enough to erase hundreds of fly a way hairs and create such a polished look. Even youtube videos dont go into such detail. But thanks for the suggestion however…been there…done that!
Make sure to mouse over the photo to see the before and after effect.
Answer by Mrs Sue E Side
youtube > search for ”applying hair brushes”
2 Comments to “How’d they do this? Creating Hair using Gimp/photoshop brushes?”
ABOUT THIS SECTION
- Photoshop 6
- Photoshop 7
- Photoshop CS
- Photoshop CS2
- Photoshop CS3
- Photoshop CS4
- Photoshop CS5
- Q&A: How to change my brush thickness in Photoshop? Coloring lineart with PS?
- Q&A: Why cant I move or transform my shape layers in Photoshop CS4?
- Q&A: Get Adobe Flash Brush tool in Photoshop?
- Does anyone know where I can find handcuff brushes for photoshop?
- Where can I download Classroom in a book Adobe Photoshop cs4 for free?
- Katie on Q&A: How to change my brush thickness in Photoshop? Coloring lineart with PS?
- Left-T on Q&A: Get Adobe Flash Brush tool in Photoshop?
- Insanity Crescendo on Q&A: If i were to get photoshop cs5, would it automatically delete my cs4?
- Andy on How do you use brushes on photoshop? also… if you can give me a deffinition on it.. thankkss!!!?
- g36C on Is it possible to design a website that has a disscussion/comments section with Adobe Photoshop CS4?